Thursday 17 October 2019

A new goal

Now that I am extending my skillset, I can start to progress my goal to develop a site for the Manaiakalani Education Trust (MET), to sit as a part of manaiakalani.org . Even though I am still at such a beginner level, the high level of DFI learning, resources and support encourages me that, with some dedicated effort, this goal could well be within my capability. Yay! My intent is to make content about the Trust more easily accessible, and to highlight the way in which MET supports and serves the work of the Manaiakalani schools. It will also provide a landing place for key groups such as trustees and staff. The former will want to access documents such as the Trust Deed, Annual and financial reports, minutes, agendas and content they can use when they are promoting the work of the Manaiakalani programme with others. For our Manaiakalani staff team, it may be helpful to have a place to access HR policies, communications, and other employment-related matters. To make sure I target my audiences as effectively as possible, I need to do some 'market research' to confidently establish what content will be most useful, and what I need to be working towards for the user experience. I've also got examples from a number of the Education Trust in the Outreach to draw on.

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas Jenny! Tautoko your work here. We decided very early on that all our meeting minutes with associated attached documents would be visible from our website. Now that you have learnt about Google forms, you could use one to gather user experience data and your users' ideas for your new website build.

    ReplyDelete