Thursday 29 August 2019

Starting to reflect...

Welcome to my first blog! As I near the end of Day One of the Digital Fluency Intensive Auckland 2019 cohort #3, I find myself reflecting on everything that I have learned (and re-learned) today and how I can apply this to my work in Manaiakalani.

I have been conscious for so long that there are a multitude of tools, innovations and approaches that I could be using to enhance the way I do my job, and in particular how I could be communicating more effectively with our external stakeholders, not to mention the Manaiakalani team and our Trust Board.  So there was a lot that resonated with me today and that I can immediately apply. For example, Google Groups will revolutionise my communications with our Board - getting agendas and Board papers out more efficiently, as well as tracking these interactions. Today's course has also given me a boost of energy to better collate folders of Board materials. 

I always find that I'm pretty challenged when it comes to creating visual media - presenting ideas and applying them in ways that are interesting while reinforcing the message.  So building skills and confidence in that area is for sure one of my immediate development goals. Roll on Day two.







1 comment:

  1. Kiaora Jenny,

    I have enjoyed looking at your blog and can resonate with quiet a number of things like I too feel I feel a bit digitally challenged when it comes to creating visual media. After the DFI I am feeling a lot more confident and equipped.
    Regards
    Manpreet

    ReplyDelete