Thursday 5 September 2019

Workflow and improving productivity

Today I realised the extent to which I have been skimming the surface in my use of some of the amazing tools designed to support professional and personal productivity.  So that's got to change! My understanding of how these tools enhance learn, create and share has expanded significantly. I'm excited about how I can now use Google Keep to capture and collate insights, learnings, reminders and resources, in a way that is fun and creative. Our Hangout practice has built my confidence in screen sharing and recording, and reinforced the extent to which truly flexible work practices  are a reality, increasing efficiency without compromising effectiveness.  Check out the recording (unedited) below where I am reflecting to my small group on some fantastic learner blogposts.



In addition I have loved hearing from teachers about how they are applying these tools in the learning environment and the keen response they are getting from their learners.   The key for me will be to be resolute in leveraging the full power of Google Keep, GMail, Calendar and Hangouts - practice will make perfect!



1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jenny,

    I absolutely agree with you about practice making things better or perfect. It will be the same for me. I really enjoyed looking at Google Earth today and using the idea of using it as a teaching tool with my class really excites me.
    It is great to be with people like you at the DFI.
    Warm regards
    Manpreet

    ReplyDelete